Man robbed inside Brooklyn subway station
CROWN HEIGHTS (WABC) -- The hunt is on for a bandit who robbed a man inside a subway station in Brooklyn.
The robbery happened on Monday, February 15 inside the Utica Avenue subway station in the Crown Heights section.
Investigators said the suspect approached the victim from behind as he was purchasing a Metro Card, and choked him.
The subject then grabbed the victim's wallet from his hand and ran off.
Police have a photo of the suspect from a surveillance camera. He is described as around 18 years old, 6 feet tall and a thin build. He was wearing jeans, a black leather jacket, a black hooded sweatshirt and black boots.
Anyone with information in regards to this incident is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477).
new york city, brooklyn, crown heights, crime, robbery, subway, subway crime, local news
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold 5 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Thieves target luxury cars in New York area 42 min ago
- Photos: Luxury car theft ring bust in NYC 56 min ago
- De Blasio says family will live in Gracie Mansion
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- Yonkers family jumps from window to escape fire
- Photos: Family escapes Yonkers fire
- Pope Francis chosen Time's Person of the Year
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen
- Black ice warnings as bitter cold sets in
- Mega Millions jackpot grows to $400 Million
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold
5 min ago