Brooklyn man charged in girlfriend's murder
BROWNSVILLE (WABC) -- The man who police believe fabricated a story involving the murder of his girlfriend has been charged with second degree murder.
Police say 50-year-old John Brandon confessed to killing his girlfriend and two other men after catching them in a threesome, but police now believe he fabricated the story.
Police were lead to the woman's apartment Friday after learning of a conversation the man had with a friend about the crimes.
When detectives arrived at 1518 Eastern Parkway in Brownsville, they found Brandon and the dead body of Deborah Blount, his 51-year-old girlfriend.
Investigators said Brandon admitted that he killed Blount and two other men after catching them having sex in the apartment.
Police say after reviewing surveillance in the building, they found no evidence that two men were in the apartment.
Investigators believe he made up the story of the threesome as an excuse for why he allegedly killed Blount.
Brandon has been charged with second degree murder and criminal possession of a weapon.
murder, crime, brooklyn, brownsville, sex, local news
- Jersey shore reopens for 1st post-Sandy summer
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain continues
- Eyewitness News Live
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- NJ Transit buses delayed 30 minutes
- Teen heading to prom dies in car accident
- Amanda Bynes released after court appearance
- 3 hurt when I-5 bridge collapses into Wash. river 24 min ago
- Bridge collapse calls into question other bridges' safety
- Tree trouble in Dumont
- Eats: Camarones Mi Pueblo at Zapata in Palisades
- abcnews: Cleveland Women Can Keep Captor's Dogs 54 min ago
- Photos: Circle 7 at GMA's Summer Concert Series
- Photos: I-5 Skagit River Bridge collapse
- 3 hurt when I-5 bridge collapses into Wash....
24 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos