Brooklyn man charged in girlfriend's murder
BROWNSVILLE (WABC) -- The man who police believe fabricated a story involving the murder of his girlfriend has been charged with second degree murder.
Police say 50-year-old John Brandon confessed to killing his girlfriend and two other men after catching them in a threesome, but police now believe he fabricated the story.
Police were lead to the woman's apartment Friday after learning of a conversation the man had with a friend about the crimes.
When detectives arrived at 1518 Eastern Parkway in Brownsville, they found Brandon and the dead body of Deborah Blount, his 51-year-old girlfriend.
Investigators said Brandon admitted that he killed Blount and two other men after catching them having sex in the apartment.
Police say after reviewing surveillance in the building, they found no evidence that two men were in the apartment.
Investigators believe he made up the story of the threesome as an excuse for why he allegedly killed Blount.
Brandon has been charged with second degree murder and criminal possession of a weapon.
murder, crime, brooklyn, brownsville, sex, local news
- Snow changes to rain and ice, causing slick roads
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Is school closed or delayed? Find out fast: Here's how!
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide 42 min ago
- Nelson Mandela memorial set for Tuesday in Soweto 58 min ago
- Obama to pay tribute to Mandela in South Africa
- MTA announces new safety measures after derailment
- Princeton to begin meningitis B vaccinations Monday
- New Jersey black bear hunt set for Monday 56 min ago
- Paul Walker memorial draws thousands in California
- Photos: Wintry Mix Hits Tri-State Area
- Photos: Bronx River Parkway crash
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos