Dangerous dangling crane in Brooklyn
BROOKLYN (WABC) -- There was a dangerous situation in Brooklyn, as a dangling crane forced the closure of several streets in the Crown Heights section.
The crane was dangling more than 100 feet in the air at the intersection of Montgomery Street and Nostrand Avenue sometime after 8 p.m. Saturday.
Authorities were concerned the crane's jib would collapse, and closed streets in the area as a precaution.
Nostrand Avenue is closed between Empire Boulevard and Crown Street.
The intersection of Montgomery Street and Rogers Avenue is also closed.
new york city, wind damage, local news
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky 34 min ago
- AccuWeather: Chilly Wednesday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 2 winning tickets sold in $636 million Mega Millions 11 min ago
- Multi-car pileup on Gowanus Expressway in Brooklyn
- LIE in Suffolk County reopens
- Family pushes for drug/alcohol testing after fatal accidents
- EXCLUSIVE: Suspect arrested in 'knockout' assaults
- Short Hills Mall shooting: Funeral arrangements announced
- ACS workers reach plea deal in girl's death
- Anchorman 2 cast talks about much-anticipated sequel
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway 36 min ago
- Photos: Massive car pileup on Gowanus Expressway
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos