Dangerous dangling crane in Brooklyn
BROOKLYN (WABC) -- There was a dangerous situation in Brooklyn, as a dangling crane forced the closure of several streets in the Crown Heights section.
The crane was dangling more than 100 feet in the air at the intersection of Montgomery Street and Nostrand Avenue sometime after 8 p.m. Saturday.
Authorities were concerned the crane's jib would collapse, and closed streets in the area as a precaution.
Nostrand Avenue is closed between Empire Boulevard and Crown Street.
The intersection of Montgomery Street and Rogers Avenue is also closed.
new york city, wind damage, local news
- U.S. Air plane makes belly landing at Newark Airport
- AccuWeather: Warm and mild
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Connecticut, NTSB officials to tour train crash site
- Man fatally shot in head in West Village
- 2 win Mega Millions, Powerball jumps to $600 million
- Cops investigating after Hofstra student killed
- Body found in woods ID'd as missing student Alyssiah Wiley
- Stunning video catches Oregon pot robbery
- Video: Aimee Copeland gets prosthetic hands
- Video: Marine, dog reunited in surprise ceremony
- Photos: Belly landing at Newark Airport
- Photos: Metro North trains collide in Connecticut
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos