LI taxi plows into 3 pedestrians, 1 killed
BALDWIN (WABC) -- On Long Island -- a 20-year-old woman was struck and killed by a taxi while crossing the street with friends in Baldwin.
Detectives say the accident happened just before 11 o'clock Wednesday night -- as Kate Mcneil and two friends were walking across Central Avenue.
55-year-old Allen Sinetar was driving his 2000 Chevy cab east on Sunrise Highway when he plowed into the three victims.
Mcneil was pronounced dead at South Nassau Hospital.
Her friends, Bryan McNeil, 25, of Baldwin was taken to Nassau University Medical Center where he is listed in Serious but stable condition.
While Samantha Koch, 20, of Baldwin, suffered head, neck and back injuries. Koch was taken to South Nassau Hospital where she is listed in stable condition.
No charges have been filed.
accident, long island, local news
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix 31 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Snow changes to rain and ice, causing slick roads 9 min ago
- Is school closed or delayed? Find out fast: Here's how!
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide
- New warning about potentially dangerous toys
- MTA announces new safety measures after Metro-North derailment
- New York City unveils interactive map of major crimes
- New Jersey black bear hunt set for Monday 3 min ago
- Giants playoff hopes eliminated after Chargers loss
- Photos: Wintry Mix Hits Tri-State Area
- Photos: Bronx River Parkway crash 16 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix
31 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos