Toddler dies, choked by blind cord on LI
HOLTSVILLE (WABC) -- A little boy on Long Island died Saturday after after getting his neck caught in the cord of a Venetian blind on Friday.
The accident happened at 2-year-old Brandon McCarthy's home in Holtsville.
He was playing with another child, and his father was home at the time.
The father performed CPR until help arrived, and the child was rushed to Stony Brook Hospital in critical condition.
Investigators said two boys, the other a 4-year-old, were inside a house playing when the younger one got tangled up in the cord of the blind.
It was not immediately known how long the boy was tangled or how long he was without oxygen.
long island, holtsville, accident, child injured, local news
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Elderly pedestrian hit by two cars in Harlem
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- GWB repair work will close upper level lanes
- Long Island driver charged with DWI in hit and run
- Target offers discount, free credit monitoring after data breach 9 min ago
- Pan Am 103 bombing anniversary marked by memorials 28 min ago
- Photos: Pan Am 103 bombing
- NASA astronauts make spacewalk for urgent repairs
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil Robertson's hiatus 35 min ago
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall