Toddler dies, choked by blind cord on LI
HOLTSVILLE (WABC) -- A little boy on Long Island died Saturday after after getting his neck caught in the cord of a Venetian blind on Friday.
The accident happened at 2-year-old Brandon McCarthy's home in Holtsville.
He was playing with another child, and his father was home at the time.
The father performed CPR until help arrived, and the child was rushed to Stony Brook Hospital in critical condition.
Investigators said two boys, the other a 4-year-old, were inside a house playing when the younger one got tangled up in the cord of the blind.
It was not immediately known how long the boy was tangled or how long he was without oxygen.
long island, holtsville, accident, child injured, local news
- Americans on board missing flight ID'd 33 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey still predicting 2014 role
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Americans on board missing flight ID'd
33 min ago