Woman robbed while praying in church
EAST VILLAGE (WABC) -- Police are looking for a suspect who robbed a woman praying inside a church.
The crime happened inside the Immaculate Conception Church at 414 East 14th Street at 6:30 Friday morning.
Investigators said a 61-year-old woman was praying when the suspect grabbed her from behind the neck and forced her to the floor.
The robber removed a brown leather purse from her hand, and then ran off.
Police said he headed west on 14th Street, then south on 1st Avenue.
Surveillance cameras caught the suspect running away. (Video above)
Anyone with information in regards to this incident is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477).
new york city, east village, crime, robbery, local news
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx 4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Secret Service investigating Target data breach
- Jersey City water main break isolated; Water back on
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- Blind man and dog rescued will stay together
- O' Christmas tree, you're alive?! Student scares school
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments 58 min ago
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
4 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos