Woman robbed while praying in church
EAST VILLAGE (WABC) -- Police are looking for a suspect who robbed a woman praying inside a church.
The crime happened inside the Immaculate Conception Church at 414 East 14th Street at 6:30 Friday morning.
Investigators said a 61-year-old woman was praying when the suspect grabbed her from behind the neck and forced her to the floor.
The robber removed a brown leather purse from her hand, and then ran off.
Police said he headed west on 14th Street, then south on 1st Avenue.
Surveillance cameras caught the suspect running away. (Video above)
Anyone with information in regards to this incident is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477).
new york city, east village, crime, robbery, local news
- 5-year-old struck and killed in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: Snow For Some
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Guinness drops sponsorship of St. Patrick's Parade
- Brooklyn fire leaves 2 children critically hurt
- East Harlem investigation focuses on basement
- Church services to remember East Harlem victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Mahopac HS basketball coach resigns after racism allegations
- Kenya's Geoffrey Mutai wins 2014 NYC Half
- Florida overall No. 1 seed for NCAA tournament
- Final words from Malaysia jet came after systems shutdown
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios in Chicago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos