Police look for clues in murder mystery
SOUND BEACH, Long Island (WABC) -- Police are investigating the death of a man, the father of a young daughter who was shot outside his home on Long Island.
The incident took place in Sound Beach on the North Shore of Suffolk County.
Police say on Sunday night, George Markov was sitting in his backyard smoking a cigarette, when he was shot once in the head.
Detectives say they have no suspect, no weapon and no clear explanation for the crime.
Markov was discovered by his wife. They are the parents of a 4-year-old daughter.
The victim was a computer programmer who worked in the IT department at Suffolk Community College.
Staff members distraught by the news described him as wonderful person with a great sense of humor.
Anyone with information on this crime, are asked to call police.
long island, local news, lauren defranco
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey 8 min ago
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 4 dead, 280 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Bronx sweep nets suspected gang members
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site 26 min ago
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- Camera catches Bronx home invaders using victim's card
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at...
26 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos