Woman murdered in Brooklyn home, police say
BROOKLYN (WABC) -- Police sources said a woman found dead in her apartment on 50th Street was a murder victim.
"She's quiet, very nice, gets along with everybody. It's why it's a real shock for that to happen to her," Andrew Rosado said.
What they saw Wednesday morning here in Sunset Park was certainly shocking.
Neighbors were running down to the first floor apartment of the 67-year-old woman after they heard screaming at 10:30.
"The home health aide was in the hallway, yelling in the hallway," Sharon Williams said.
"Her shirt was ripped. She had cuts, like bleeding all over herself. This was the home health aide," Rosado explained. "I see the body. I went to take a pulse and I noticed that she wasn't alive."
Crime scene investigators spent the day at the building, and they're now examining surveillance video from the first floor hallway.
Neighbors are just wondering if somehow the woman was targeted for robbery or if they should be concerned for their own safety.
brooklyn, local news, stacey sager
- Teen clerk beaten in deli robbery; $30,000 stolen 20 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 6 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Drugs stashed in hiding places in Manhattan apartments
- Surprise field day for kids from burned-down school 52 min ago
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT 27 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos