Woman murdered in Brooklyn home, police say
BROOKLYN (WABC) -- Police sources said a woman found dead in her apartment on 50th Street was a murder victim.
"She's quiet, very nice, gets along with everybody. It's why it's a real shock for that to happen to her," Andrew Rosado said.
What they saw Wednesday morning here in Sunset Park was certainly shocking.
Neighbors were running down to the first floor apartment of the 67-year-old woman after they heard screaming at 10:30.
"The home health aide was in the hallway, yelling in the hallway," Sharon Williams said.
"Her shirt was ripped. She had cuts, like bleeding all over herself. This was the home health aide," Rosado explained. "I see the body. I went to take a pulse and I noticed that she wasn't alive."
Crime scene investigators spent the day at the building, and they're now examining surveillance video from the first floor hallway.
Neighbors are just wondering if somehow the woman was targeted for robbery or if they should be concerned for their own safety.
brooklyn, local news, stacey sager
- Brooklyn fire leaves 2 children critically hurt 30 min ago
- AccuWeather: Much Colder 1 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Bible from East Harlem church found in debris
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- East Harlem community tries to move forward after explosion
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Runners hit the streets for NYC Half Marathon 2 min ago
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for Malaysian jet widens
- Toddler survives after tumbling onto subway tracks
- Sick patrons interrupt Broadway show performance
- AccuWeather: Much Colder
1 min ago