Man, woman questioned in deadly triple shooting
LONG ISLAND CITY (WABC) -- A man and woman are being questioned in the triple shooting inside an apartment complex in Long Island City Thursday morning that killed one man and left a second clinging to life.
Police believe the three victims, all men, were confronted by burglars in the fifth floor hallway of the Queensbridge South houses just after midnight.
Investigators say a 32-year-old man was shot in the chest and pronounced dead at the hospital.
A 21-year-old man was shot twice, one in the chest and once in the arm, and is in critical condition at New York Presbyterian Hospital-Weill Cornell Medical Center.
A third man, a 21-year-old, was shot in the arm. He is in stable condition at the hospital.
Eyewitness News is told the man and woman being questioned initially tried to flee the scene, but were quickly picked up by police. They are being questioned, but no charges have been filed.
Detectives are trying to determine what sparked the shooting in the Queensbridge South Houses, half of the city's largest public housing development.
crime, shooting, long island city, queens, local news
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center 28 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Firefighters battling Bronx car fire find body inside
- NJ woman charged in butt injection death 52 min ago
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn
- Missing Malaysia plane changed course, military says 59 min ago
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Burger King baby seeks birth mom
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos