Man, woman questioned in deadly triple shooting
LONG ISLAND CITY (WABC) -- A man and woman are being questioned in the triple shooting inside an apartment complex in Long Island City Thursday morning that killed one man and left a second clinging to life.
Police believe the three victims, all men, were confronted by burglars in the fifth floor hallway of the Queensbridge South houses just after midnight.
Investigators say a 32-year-old man was shot in the chest and pronounced dead at the hospital.
A 21-year-old man was shot twice, one in the chest and once in the arm, and is in critical condition at New York Presbyterian Hospital-Weill Cornell Medical Center.
A third man, a 21-year-old, was shot in the arm. He is in stable condition at the hospital.
Eyewitness News is told the man and woman being questioned initially tried to flee the scene, but were quickly picked up by police. They are being questioned, but no charges have been filed.
Detectives are trying to determine what sparked the shooting in the Queensbridge South Houses, half of the city's largest public housing development.
crime, shooting, long island city, queens, local news
- 2 killed in Queens motorcycle accident 14 min ago
- AccuWeather: Record Warmth
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- GWB repair work will close upper level lanes
- Long Island driver charged with DWI in hit and run
- Target offers discount, free credit monitoring after data breach
- Pan Am 103 bombing anniversary marked by memorials
- Knicks lose to Grizzlies, 95-87
- Video: Holiday shoppers enjoying warm weather
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall