ME: NYC apartment transgender victim was strangled
QUEENS -- Authorities say a transgender woman whose body was found in a Queens apartment was strangled.
The medical examiner ruled the death a homicide from compression of the neck. Police said Wednesday there were signs of a possible struggle in the first-floor home of Amanda.
The disarray included posters of Marilyn Monroe that had been knocked off the wall.
A concerned relative got the building superintendent to open up the apartment on Tuesday. The relative had not heard from Amanda, 29, for three days. The body was discovered face-down on a bed.
new york city, queens, local news
- AccuWeather: Record Warmth 30 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Calendar says winter, feels like spring 36 min ago
- Brownsville hit and run accident kills pedestrian 19 min ago
- Long Island man charged with shooting wife in domestic dispute 7 min ago
- 2 killed in motorcycle accident in Queens
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies
- Biker killed in Bronx collision
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- Target offers discount, free credit monitoring after data breach
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall
- Calendar says winter, feels like spring
36 min ago
- AccuWeather: Record Warmth
30 min ago