Woman tied up during frightening LI home invasion
VALLEY STREAM (WABC) -- Police on Long Island are investigating a home invasion robbery that happened Wednesday afternoon.
The incident happened just before 3 p.m. on Locust Street in Valley Stream.
Detectives report that two men entered the home through the unlocked front door, went to the female homeowner's bedroom and demanded she not scream.
Police say one of the men bound the victim's mouth, eyes, hands and feet with duct tape and then both subjects proceeded to ransack the home.
The victim's grandmother and baby were also at home at the time of the robbery in a different room, but were not approached by the subjects. The suspects then fled the scene with cash and jewelry in an unknown direction. The victim was able to free herself and then called the police.
No injuries were reported.
The first suspect is described as an Asian man, approximately 5-foot-10 with a stocky build and black hair. There is no description for the second suspect.
Detectives ask anyone with information regarding this crime to contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-244-TIPS. All callers will remain anonymous.
long island, valley stream, home invasion, local news
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies 14 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy & Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 'Bachelorette' Contestant dies in paragliding accident
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ shopping center
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Abandoned dog rescued and saved by SPCA in Bronxville 56 min ago
- Long Island school bus driver accused of selling heroin
- New clue in search for Brooklyn carjacking suspect
- Attempted luring incident reported in West Nyack
- Suspect in Myls Dobson murder due in court
- Hoax sends SWAT teams rushing to Long Beach house
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos