Long Island teacher pleads guilty to child porn
CENTRAL ISLIP -- A former Long Island middle school teacher has pleaded guilty to trafficking in child pornography.
Richard Hartig, of Lindenhurst, admitted in court on Wednesday to sending a computer file containing photographs of children involved in sexual activity to an undercover federal agent.
He had been arrested in July, 2009.
Hartig's lawyer says the former Island Trees schoolteacher had resigned, was repentant, and is undergoing treatment for his interest in child pornography.
The 43-year-old faces a sentence of 5 to 20 years in prison, but may get a lesser sentence due to his cooperation that led to the arrest of two people in California for child molestation.
Information from: Newsday,www.newsday.com
long island, child sex assault, teacher arrested, local news
- raw video: New video just after East Harlem Explosion
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Workers remove rubble in East Harlem 22 min ago
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help 5 min ago
- Teen shot, apparently by brother, in Queens 19 min ago
- Long Island cab driver accused of exposing himself to girl
- Westchester animal shelter in danger of collapsing
- Woman steals Dorothy's ruby slippers from SI hotel
- Jersey City fire victims to be laid to rest Friday
- Photos: Pictures from PHL after landing gear collapse
- Authorities continue to clear debris from...
27 min ago
- Group running NYC half-marathon to inspire,...
52 min ago