NYC couple buys Madoff's pad
NEW YORK -- A New York City couple has snatched up Bernard Madoff's Upper East Side penthouse.
Patsy Kahn says her husband, Al, "was worried about the karma." But she fell in love with the view of the Manhattan skyline.
The 64th Street pad was listed for $8.9 million. The couple reportedly paid $8 million. The money will reimburse Madoff's victims, minus the broker's commission.
Al Kahn made his fortune on Cabbage Patch dolls and Pokemon.
Madoff swindled investors of $65 billion in a Ponzi scheme. The financier is serving a 150-year prison sentence.
The Kahns' old apartment, in the Time Warner Center, is on the market for $3 million.
They'll decorate their new digs with their folk art collection and quirky antiques.
Information from: New York Post, www.nypost.com
new york city, bernie madoff, local news
- De Blasio, Bratton join Sharpton at Mandela tribute
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Queens hit and run leaves pedestrian dead
- Man found fatally stabbed in Williamsburg
- 15 injured after car drives through Trader Joe's
- Funeral for one of victims of Metro-North derailment
- NJ restaurant parts ways with gay waitress 17 min ago
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Wintry blast moves through much of country, heads East
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks bombing anniversary
- Photos: Pearl Harbor anniversary