Probe continues in crash that killed two officers
BRONX RIVER PARKWAY (WABC) -- Investigators are trying to determine whether alcohol was involved in the car crash that killed two off-duty New York City police officers in the Bronx.
Four women, who were passengers in the vehicle, are in a hospital, two of them in critical condition.
The crash happened early Sunday morning on the Bronx River Parkway. 32-year-old off-duty officer Kim Ho-Young was behind the wheel of his Nissan Altima when he lost control of the vehicle. The car slammed into a guardrail and rolled over on the parkway.
A toxicology report will determine whether officer Kim was drunk at the time of the crash.
Officer Kim reportedly was driving home from a party with another police officer, 25-year-old Edwin Paulino, and the four women crammed into his Altima.
Relatives of the women in the vehicle say Kim admitted to the women that he was quote, "a little tipsy," but insisted he was able to drive.
Jasmin Ramirez and Iris Gomez-Ramirez are listed in critical condition with broken bones and severe head injuries.
The two other women, identified as Melina Ramirez and Shirley Torres, are in serious condition.
Both officers were killed instantly. They worked together at the 32nd precinct in Harlem.
accident, new york city, bronx river parkway, local news, n.j. burkett
- Guinness drops sponsorship of St. Patrick's Parade 23 min ago
- AccuWeather: Snow For Some
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Brooklyn fire leaves 2 children critically hurt
- East Harlem investigation focuses on basement
- Church services to remember East Harlem victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- 2 shot after fight at Garden City nightclub
- Mahopac HS basketball coach resigns after racism allegations 13 min ago
- Kenya's Geoffrey Mutai wins 2014 NYC Half
- Florida overall No. 1 seed for NCAA tournament 43 min ago
- Final words from Malaysia jet came after systems shutdown
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios in Chicago 4 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos