Bandit targeting residents in East Village
EAST VILLAGE (WABC) -- A burglar is targeting apartments in the East Village section of Manhattan.
The bandit has struck 9 times since March 10, breaking into apartments through sliding doors, rear doors, from the roof and through windows.
He strikes at all hours of the day, police said. He has gotten into apartments on 9th, 11th and 13th Streets, St. Marks Place and Avenues B and C.
In all of the cases, the suspects fled with assorted personal property including electronics and jewelry.
Anyone with information in regards to these incidents is asked to call Crime stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477). You can also text tips to 274637 (CRIMES) then enter TIP577.
new york city, east village, crime, burglary, local news
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual
- Fire burns through house in New Brunswick 7 min ago
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Golden Globes nominations announced
- Newtown school shooting vigils planned for Thursday
- Mandela interpreter says he was hallucinating
- George Bush writes letter to Alabama kicker after big loss
- Software engineer teaches homeless man how to code
- Photos: New Brunswick, New Jersey house fire
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos