Bandit targeting residents in East Village
EAST VILLAGE (WABC) -- A burglar is targeting apartments in the East Village section of Manhattan.
The bandit has struck 9 times since March 10, breaking into apartments through sliding doors, rear doors, from the roof and through windows.
He strikes at all hours of the day, police said. He has gotten into apartments on 9th, 11th and 13th Streets, St. Marks Place and Avenues B and C.
In all of the cases, the suspects fled with assorted personal property including electronics and jewelry.
Anyone with information in regards to these incidents is asked to call Crime stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477). You can also text tips to 274637 (CRIMES) then enter TIP577.
new york city, east village, crime, burglary, local news
- Teen shot, apparently by brother, in Queens 57 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Rescuers continue scouring rubble in East Harlem 25 min ago
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Long Island cab driver accused of exposing himself to girl
- Woman steals Dorothy's ruby slippers from SI hotel
- Jersey City fire victims to be laid to rest Friday
- Plane's nose gear collapses at Philadelphia airport
- Photos: Pictures from PHL after landing gear collapse
- Man in 'Modern Family' star groping appears in court
- $353 million up for grabs in Mega Millions drawing Friday