2 children struck by livery cab
CENTRAL ISLIP, NY (WABC) -- Two children were struck by a livery cab in Central Islip Monday afternoon.
It happened at the intersection of Suffolk and Lowell Avenues around 3pm.
The victims are said to be 11-years-old Kevin Amaya, and 13-year-old Mario Quintanilla.
Both are said to be students at Charles A. Mulligan School.
Quintanilla was rushed to Southside Hospital with head injuries, and Amaya was taken to Good Samaritan Hospital with a broken arm, leg and facial injuries.
Both were listed in serious condition.
The driver of the white livery cab remained on the scene.
Police say the children were crossing the street but were not in the crosswalk.
long island, accident, central islip, local news
- Car fire causing lane closures on the LIE 10 min ago
- weather: AccuTrack Interactive Radar
- AccuWeather: Stormy day 25 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- Man hacked to death in apparent terror attack
- Queens businessman kidnapped and tortured
- Operation Swill: cheap booze in premium liquor bottles
- Funeral for Hofstra student accidentally shot by police
- Oklahoma tornado damage toll mounting
- Secret Sales: Brownies, Diamonds and a super secret sale
- abcnews: Man Shot by FBI Was About to Sign Murder...
- OTRC: 'Man of Steel' trailer, with General Zod
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- Oklahoma Tornado: How You Can Help, Get Help
- AccuWeather: Stormy day
25 min ago