Dad charged with murder of infant son
ST. ALBANS (WABC) -- Police in Queens say a crazed, jealous father killed his seven-month-old son by punching him in the chest.
Larry Greene, 20, was charged with murder following the death of his son, Xiah, police say.
According to investigators, Greene punched his son in the chest inside of their home at 194-49 113 Avenue in St. Albans, when the infant would not stop crying.
The son was rushed to Queens General Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
Investigators say Greene was taken into custody and charged with the death.
He apparently told investigators he was jealous because the infant was more attached to the mother than to him.
The mother was not at home at the time of the attack.
Officials say the infant was at least the fourth child to die from abuse in Queens in the past month. Yet another was critically injured in a separate case.
new york city, child abuse, child death, arrest, queens, st. albans, local news
- 15 injured after car drives through Trader Joe's in Nassau County 8 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Railroad Administration orders Metro-North to use 2 engineers
- Freight train, truck collide in West Nyack
- Surveillance video released in "Baby Angel" case
- Long Island Rail Road massacre, 20 years later
- Photos: Long Island Rail Road massacre
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela 3 min ago
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City 2 min ago
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Robinson Cano to sign with Mariners
- USA to open against Ghana in '14 World Cup
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
3 min ago
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City
2 min ago