Getting hair ready for spring and summer
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Hair accessories are big once again this spring but experts say the pieces out there have been toned downed a bit.
But first, conditioning treatments that can be done in a salon or at home. That's the first step towards undoing all of the damage people have done to their hair during the long winter months.
When it comes to your hair, Leonard Zagami says it's finally time to have some fun with accessories.
"In the past it was more jeweled, bling looking hair ornaments, now it's a little toned down and done with vintage flowers," he said.
Louise O'Connor, owner of OC61, urges you to pamper your hair. To strengthen the mane, she says use biolustre -- a treatment that can be done at home or in a salon.
After washing with a clarifying shampoo, she literally globs on the special solution and coats the hair from root to tip.
"They use this product a lot for cancer patients where the hair is weak," she said.
You sit under the dryer until the treatment hardens and the final result, luxurious locks that shine with every turn.
Louise also likes no frizz styling treatment, developed by scientists at MIT. It blocks the bad stuff, humidity and friction.
You apply the solution to wet hair. You can also use the spray for more body.
"It's got magnetic properties that repel against the hair so it bloats the hair and works throughout the day, keeps giving you volume," adds Louise.
To keep your hair shiny and sleek with braids, Leonard suggests using products by Moroccan Oil and Barex.
For more on the treatments, go to:
new york city, fashion, local news, kemberly richardson
- Jersey City main breaks; boil water advisory in effect 41 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 10 hurt when NJ Transit bus, cab collide in Newark
- Photos: Bus, taxi collide in Newark
- Annual 'Pokey,' 'Schleppie' awards for MTA bus service
- Rangel announces run for 23rd term
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach
- US-India relations chilled over diplomat arrest in NYC
- Bronx cell phone store robber caught on camera
- Georgia winner of Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Most Fascinating People of 2013 revealed
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013