Child's play blamed in destructive Queens fire
OZONE PARK (WABC) -- Investigators say a child sparked a fire that destroyed two homes in Queens.
The fire happened around 4:00 p.m. on Wednesday on 86th Street in Ozone Park and spread next door.
Witness told firefighters that they saw an 11-year-old boy playing with fire behind the houses.
It's not yet clear if he lived in one of the homes.
No word on whether he'll face charges.
A firefighter and one other person suffered minor injuries.
More than a dozen people were left homeless.
fire, ozone park, queens, local news
- Newark bus crash leaves 9 hurt, 1 critically 21 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead 6 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Photos: Bus, taxi collide in Newark 21 min ago
- Secret Service investigating Target data breach
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
- U.S. Attorney defends arrest of Indian diplomat
- Murder-suicide shooting at NJ nail salon
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013 16 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
6 min ago