Oprah announces NJ woman winning $1M in bake-off
TRENTON -- Simple ingredients and a dash of luck made amateur baker Sue Compton's dessert recipe the winner of the 44th Pillsbury Bake-Off Contest and earned her a mention on "The Oprah Winfrey Show."
The company announced Wednesday that Compton, of Delanco, N.J., won $1 million in prize money and a line of kitchen appliances for her "Mini Ice Cream Cookie Cups."
The dish consists of a chocolate- and walnut-dipped sugar cookie bowl holding a spoonful of jam and ice cream and topped with a raspberry.
Compton said Winfrey did not taste her recipe during Wednesday's show taping, but did say it looked cute.
Compton says she plans to continue her job as a mortgage loan processor and isn't sure where she'll fit all the new kitchen appliances.
On the Net:
Compton's recipe: http://www.pillsbury.com
new jersey, oprah winfrey, local news
- Brooklyn police shooting leaves suspect wounded 58 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix On The Way 30 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- De Blasio, Bratton join Sharpton at Mandela tribute 53 min ago
- Yankees open to Brett Gardner trade 2 min ago
- Queens hit and run leaves pedestrian dead
- Man found fatally stabbed in Williamsburg
- Long Island Rail Road massacre, 20 years later
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- US vet, 85, back home after detained in North Korea
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks bombing anniversary
- Photos: Pearl Harbor anniversary
- Suspect wounded after Brooklyn police...
57 min ago
- De Blasio, Bratton join Sharpton at Mandela...
54 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix On The Way
30 min ago