Mount Vernon HS reopens, but not to students
MOUNT VERNON (WABC) -- Teachers headed back to work at Mount Vernon High School Monday after a wall collapse shut down the school.
A wall above the auditorium crumbled last Monday.
Parents can visit the school to inspect the building, and students will head back Tuesday, though parts of the school will remain closed.
Engineers say the 50-year old auditorium was not properly built.
No one was hurt in the collapse.
mount vernon, rockland county, local news
- Teen shot, apparently by brother, in Queens 44 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Rescuers continue scouring rubble in East Harlem 12 min ago
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Long Island cab driver accused of exposing himself to girl
- Woman steals Dorothy's ruby slippers from SI hotel
- Jersey City fire victims to be laid to rest Friday
- Plane's nose gear collapses at Philadelphia airport
- Photos: Pictures from PHL after landing gear collapse
- Man in 'Modern Family' star groping appears in court
- $353 million up for grabs in Mega Millions drawing Friday