4 officers injured in wild Newark police chase
NEWARK (WABC) -- A wild police chase in Newark ended with a crash early Wednesday morning.
Four officers were injured, and their police cruisers were wrecked.
The officers were brought to University Hospital with non-lifethreatening injuries.
The incident happened around 1 a.m.
Authorities say the officers were pursuing a carjacking suspect when they crashed their patrol cars into one another at the corner of Springfield Street and Bergen Avenue.
The officers had to be pulled out their patrol cars and placed on stretchers.
Eyewitness News is told no one was seriously hurt, but the crash left the police cars in bad shape.
The carjacker they were chasing got away.
new jersey, newark, police chase, police accident, local news
- 4 people shot in Brooklyn
- Photos: Accuweather maps for possible Sunday snow storm
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Surveillance from East Harlem buildings near explosion
- raw video: New video just after East Harlem Explosion
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- Sketches released of suspects wanted in lurings
- Bus driver suffers medical emergency, 2 injured
- ESPN: Phil Jackson signs with Knicks
- Westchester animal shelter in danger of collapsing
- Photos: Several vehicles on fire in New Jersey