Autopsy set for murdered homeless woman in Queens
QUEENS (WABC) -- There will be an autopsy Tuesday for a homeless woman found beaten to death at a playground in Queens.
The woman's body was found by a homeless man around 9:30 a.m. Monday.
Investigators say the victim, in her 50s, had been bludgeoned with a hard object. Neighbors said she spent most of her time on a bench in Police Officer Nicholas DeMutiis Playground. The playground is next to the 106th Precinct in Ozone Park.
A rock found near the scene was sent for testing.
Her possessions had been pulled from a grocery hand-cart and strewn around the area.
new york city, homeless, local news
- Yonkers fire injures family of four 27 min ago
- AccuWeather: Still Some Slick Spots!
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Spring Valley police to announce arrest in Baby Angel case 51 min ago
- Residents warned to look out for black ice
- Avonte's mother continues search with new headquarters
- Local 7 line service resumes after signal problems 37 min ago
- Tourist who lost leg in taxi crash sues city
- Man struck and killed by car on LIE
- Flu shots could be mandatory for NYC kids
- WestJet plays Santa to 250 lucky passengers
- Photos: 4 injured in Yonkers fire
- Photos: Viewer snow storm pictures