Autopsy set for murdered homeless woman in Queens
QUEENS (WABC) -- There will be an autopsy Tuesday for a homeless woman found beaten to death at a playground in Queens.
The woman's body was found by a homeless man around 9:30 a.m. Monday.
Investigators say the victim, in her 50s, had been bludgeoned with a hard object. Neighbors said she spent most of her time on a bench in Police Officer Nicholas DeMutiis Playground. The playground is next to the 106th Precinct in Ozone Park.
A rock found near the scene was sent for testing.
Her possessions had been pulled from a grocery hand-cart and strewn around the area.
new york city, homeless, local news
- Woman tries to grab stroller from nanny in Chelsea
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly 56 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Shot Brooklyn teen speaks out; Man in custody
- Search for suspects in Riverhead robbery and assault 22 min ago
- Robbery suspect in custody after Astoria manhunt
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Video released in murder of Brooklyn bodega clerk
- Magnitude-7.5 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Police identify suspect in Bronx subway exposure
- Alleged serial bank robber nabbed in Greenwich Village 53 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
56 min ago