Autopsy set for murdered homeless woman in Queens
QUEENS (WABC) -- There will be an autopsy Tuesday for a homeless woman found beaten to death at a playground in Queens.
The woman's body was found by a homeless man around 9:30 a.m. Monday.
Investigators say the victim, in her 50s, had been bludgeoned with a hard object. Neighbors said she spent most of her time on a bench in Police Officer Nicholas DeMutiis Playground. The playground is next to the 106th Precinct in Ozone Park.
A rock found near the scene was sent for testing.
Her possessions had been pulled from a grocery hand-cart and strewn around the area.
new york city, homeless, local news
- At least 8 hurt when car jumps curb in East Village 7 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Comfortable
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Robbery suspect dead in Brooklyn police shooting
- Worker pulled from waist-deep mud in Queens trench
- One of US FBI's 10 most wanted nabbed in Mexico
- New York City redesigns flood map in Sandy's wake
- Natura recalls all brands of dry pet food
- Woman allegedly kicks police dog in teeth
- TWA Flight 800 crash investigators want new probe
- JFK terminal among endangered historic sites
- Photos: Most endangered historic places
- Photos: Queens trench rescue 43 min ago