Nine injured in Meadowlands Hit and Run
EAST RUTHERFORD, NJ (WABC) -- A huge group leaving a soccer game at the new Meadowlands Sports Complex is struck by a hit and run driver.
It happened Friday night at about 11:55pm. The victims were crossing Route 120 near the Meadowlands train station. A 2006 Acura TL plowed into nine victims and then fled the scene.
Seven of the victims were transported to Hackensack Hospital. Two were transported to Meadowlands Hospital. One of the victims was a 20-month-old child.
The driver was apprehended in Wallington, NJ. The driver is identified as 21-year-old Frank Morocho of the Bronx. Morocho has been charged with assault by an auto, aggravated assault on a juvenile and leaving the scene of an accident resulting in bodily injury.
Morocho was place in the Bergen County Jail. His bail has been set at a $50,000.
new jersey, east rutherford, hit and run accident, local news
- Jet may have turned; 2 passengers investigated 30 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy 42 min ago
- Violence in Bronx leaves 1 dead, 1 injured
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Crash on Garden State Parkway leaves 1 dead, 2 hurt 4 min ago
- New measure to make child care more affordable
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight savings time wrong
- Viewpoint on WABC-TV
- Here and Now
- Tiempo on WABC-TV
- Up Close with Diana Williams
- Jet may have turned; 2 passengers...
30 min ago