Wayne cop shooters behind other robberies?
WAYNE (WABC) -- Prosecutors believe the robbers who shot a Wayne police officer may have robbed 10 other businesses across northern New Jersey.
Officer Brian Worell was the first to respond to the gas station robbery on Route 23 early Monday.
The robbers opened fire, grazing his head and leaving him with a 4-inch gash near his left ear.
The same robbers are suspected in similar cases in seven other communities.
new jersey, wayne, police officer shot, police shooting, robbery, local news
- Possible 'knockout' attack victim speaks out
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Firefighters sent to wrong location in Jersey City fire
- Photos: Jersey City row home fire
- 2 firefighters injured in Bronx bodega fire
- Search for owner of severely malnourished dog
- Cardinal Dolan supports universal pre-k
- Cars burglarized at gyms in Wyckoff and Ridgewood
- Man speaks about shooting would-be burglar
- FDNY battery giveaway for smoke, CO detectors
- Photos: Mariano Rivera's career in pictures
- Spinning class and karaoke all in one
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos