Man taking pictures of young girls outside schools
CARMEL, NY (WABC) -- Parents in Westchester and Putnam Counties are being warned about a man who is videotaping and taking pictures of young girls.
Police say he's not doing anything illegal, but they're disturbed enough to have people keep an eye out for him.
They say he's snapped the photos in Bronxville and several communities in Putnam County.
If there's unease at schools in Putnam County it's because of a warning that recently went out to parents and students.
An unidentified Lake Carmel resident was found in possession of pictures and videos of young girls he had taken outside of schools in Mahopac, Carmel and Kent.
Police in Westchester spotted the man in Bronxville in a 1996 red Mercedes taking pictures of girls between the ages of 12 and 14 in miniskirts last week.
He was questioned and let police look at his phone which had 5 photographs and a video camera which contained as many as 30 clips.
The man was working for a company doing construction work at Bronxville High School.
The district has asked that contractor not to allow the employee back at the site.
It's not illegal to take pictures in public places, so no charges have been filed against the man, and his identity hasn't been released.
That's little consolation to parents.
Most parents say that they've spoken to their children about the man.
putnam county, westchester county, local news, marcus solis
- Authorities: Hofstra student killed by police 49 min ago
- AccuWeather: Showers Show Up
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Teen fatally shot on Queens bus 33 min ago
- U.S. Air plane makes belly landing at Newark Airport
- Vito Lopez says he will resign effective Monday
- Official: 'Amazing' no one died in train crash
- Police say fatal Greenwich Village shooting a hate crime
- 2 win Mega Millions, Powerball jumps to $600 million 15 min ago
- Oxbow wins the Preakness Stakes
- Pacers knock out Knicks with win in Game 6 10 min ago
- Photos: Belly landing at Newark Airport
- Photos: Metro North trains collide in Connecticut
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos