Giants, Jets seek history with Super Bowl bid
EAST RUTHERFORD -- New Jersey's bid to host the 2014 Super Bowl is signed, sealed and about to be delivered.
The owners of the New York Jets and New York Giants on Wednesday signed the official bid that will be sent to all 32 NFL owners, who will vote May 25. Miami and Tampa also are vying to host the game.
The theme of the new Meadowlands Stadium's bid is "Make Some History." If the stadium gets the game, it'll be the first Super Bowl to be held in a cold-weather locale.
The NFL gave the Giants and Jets the right to bid on the Super Bowl in December despite the traditional requirement that host regions have a minimum temperature of 50 degrees or stadiums with domes or retractable roofs.
The new stadium does not have a retractable roof.
new york city, new york giants, new york jets, local news
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy 58 min ago
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent
- Squatters flee fire in Paterson; 2 vacant buildings gutted
- Photos: Fire guts 2 vacant Paterson buildings
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Fire rips through seven houses in the Bronx
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act