Police: Girl tortured in Brooklyn basement
BROOKLYN (WABC) -- Two men in Brooklyn are accused of holding a 14-year-old girl hostage inside a basement.
Neighbors describe the home on President Street as an eyesore on the Crown Heights block.
Now, it is the scene of a horrific crime.
Amateur video was taken by neighbors who say crime scene investigators closed off their block Friday night to collect evidence.
Two men were arrested for allegedly raping and torturing a 14-year-old girl in the building's basement, where she was reportedly held for two weeks.
"It's unfortunate that it had to come to this, that somebody had to be beaten, raped, or drugged up, but we just want, you know, peace," neighbor Ivan Moore said.
Sources tell Eyewitness News, 24-year-olds Anthony King and Kevin Evans allegedly brought the teen back to the house after using heroin.
The girl was then reportedly handcuffed to a chair in a little room behind this window, and while she was inside, she was injected with a drug to knock her out, and then she was beaten, raped and even scalded.
Police questioned everyone at the house, and neighbors say there have been plenty of people living there.
The owner of the home died several years ago, but her foster children remained there unsupervised.
"When you have the only adult to control them, removed from the equation, then they were in freefall," Moore said.
"I'm shocked, in a way, but if that was going to happen some place, that would be the house," neighbor Mark Morrison said.
Both suspects claim it is a case of mistaken identity.
As for why no one noticed the girl missing, a police source reportedly said that the girl was considered a chronic runaway, drug user, and prostitute, who had gone along with the men willingly.
new york city, hostage, rape, kidnapping, brooklyn, crown heights, local news, stacey sager
- Suspect charged in attempted baby abduction
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Dead body found in plastic container in Brooklyn
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- 2 killed in wreck on Southern State identified
- No hearts stolen on date, only NJ woman's dog, TV
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody 31 min ago
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
- Man retrieving item from tracks hit by subway train
- Sparta crash injures woman and 8-year old son