Woman notices census worker is sex offender
NEW JERSEY (WABC) -- An alert homeowner in southern New Jersey helped stop a convicted sex offender from going door-to-door as a census worker.
Authorities say 47-year-old Frank Kuni used an alias to get a job as census employee.
A woman from Pennsauken recognized Kuni from New Jersey's online sex offender registry.
She called police.
The Census Bureau says they fired Kuni after he failed the fingerprint and background check, but he'd already started making house visits.
new jersey, sex offender, local news
- East Harlem debris cleared in search for cause 10 min ago
- Photos: Accuweather maps for possible Monday snow
- AccuWeather: Cold Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- East Harlem community tries to move forward after explosion
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Malaysian leader: Plane's system deliberately disabled
- Toddler survives after tumbling onto subway tracks 51 min ago
- Out of control bus hits cars in Brooklyn; 5 hurt
- Widow of Short Hills mall carjacking victim files suit
- Firefighters respond to brush fire near JFK
- East Harlem debris cleared in search for...
10 min ago