Funeral Fri. for officer killed on Bronx River Parkway
BRONX RIVER PARKWAY (WABC) -- A funeral service will be held Friday for one of the NYPD officers killed in an accident last weekend on the Bronx River Parkway.
Friends and family gathered at a wake for 32-year-old Hoyoung Kim Wednesday night.
Kim, who was off-duty at the time, was driving friends home from a party when he smashed into a guardrail and light pole. Fellow officer, 25-year-old Edwin Paulino, also died.
Paulino was in the passenger seat. Four women in the back seat are recovering.
Sisters Jasmin Ramirez and Iris Gomez-Ramirez were listed in critical condition with broken bones and severe head injuries. The two other women, identified as Melina Ramirez (not related) and Shirley Torres, were in serious condition.
The officers, who worked together at the 32nd Precinct in Harlem, were killed instantly.
accident, new york city, bronx river parkway, local news
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in hunt for missing jet
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Man in coma after Long Island City hit and run
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control 37 min ago
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Mega Millions jackpot at $309 million after no winner 26 min ago
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks head
- Photos: Stolen jewelry items in Ramsey robbery