Growing a garden in your window
NEW YORK (WABC) -- All you need is a window, and not for planting window boxes either. This is really quite unique, you don't even need soil to grow berries, lettuce, and even beans.
On a warm day you can mix up a pitcher of mine lemonade with some of the ingredients right from your window.
You have to set up what's called a window farm. A hydroponic contraption that basically force feeds plants water and nutrients.
Everything is done out of plastic bottles from the recycling bin. You also have to get some supplies from the hardware store, and add nutrients and water.
You just need a window with good light, and a little electricity to pump the water.
new york city, local news, lauren glassberg
- Robbery suspect dead in Brooklyn police shooting 20 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Comfortable
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Worker pulled from waist-deep mud in Queens trench 9 min ago
- New York City redesigns flood map in Sandy's wake 3 min ago
- Woman allegedly kicks police dog in teeth
- Box cutter found on Tokyo flight to NYC
- Man beaten with a bat and brick for his iPod
- LIRR: Near normal commute expected Wednesday
- Patriots' Aaron Hernandez questioned in murder
- Heat beat Spurs 103-100 in Game 6
- Photos: FDNY works to rescue man trapped in trench
- Photos: Most Wanted: Nassau County
- Worker pulled from waist-deep mud in Queens...
9 min ago