Another suspect revealed in Times Square bomb case
PAKISTAN -- A Pakistani official says another man has been detained in connection with the main suspect in the Times Square attempted car bombing.
The latest suspect to be questioned is a Pakistani named Humbal Akhtar. The official requested anonymity because he works for Pakistani intelligence and is not allowed to comment on the record.
He gave no other details about Akhtar.
The primary suspect, Pakistani-American Faisal Shahzad, is being held in the United States.
Intelligence officials have said around 11 people have been detained in the case in Pakistan.
Akhtar's wife, Rahila, confirmed Friday in a brief phone conversation that her husband disappeared a few days ago. She declined to give more details.
times square bomb, times square bomb attempt, faisal shahzad, new york city, times square, crime, terrorism, local news
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen 47 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Employees tied up, Car parts stolen in Elizabeth
- Suspect identified in attempted baby abduction
- Ferry captain arrested in South Korea after deadly accident
- Party shooting leaves Kean U. student injured
- Sea Isle fire destroys 3 beachfront homes 56 min ago
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Search for suspects in Riverhead robbery and assault 2 min ago
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Yonkers family outraged after dog mauled by pit bull 51 min ago
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen
47 min ago