Another suspect revealed in Times Square bomb case
PAKISTAN -- A Pakistani official says another man has been detained in connection with the main suspect in the Times Square attempted car bombing.
The latest suspect to be questioned is a Pakistani named Humbal Akhtar. The official requested anonymity because he works for Pakistani intelligence and is not allowed to comment on the record.
He gave no other details about Akhtar.
The primary suspect, Pakistani-American Faisal Shahzad, is being held in the United States.
Intelligence officials have said around 11 people have been detained in the case in Pakistan.
Akhtar's wife, Rahila, confirmed Friday in a brief phone conversation that her husband disappeared a few days ago. She declined to give more details.
times square bomb, times square bomb attempt, faisal shahzad, new york city, times square, crime, terrorism, local news
- Americans on board missing flight ID'd
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday 40 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K 44 min ago
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority 53 min ago
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
40 min ago