Construction worker falls from NYC bridge
QUEENS -- A construction worker fell 15-20 feet off a ladder and hit his head while working beneath a New York City bridge.
MTA Bridges and Tunnels said the worker was conscious and taken to a hospital following the 11:10 a.m. accident Friday at the Throgs Neck Bridge.
The fire department initially had said that the worker fell onto the bridge's midspan.
The subcontractor was at the base of the Queens tower installing fencing when he fell.
On Thursday, a construction worker fell to his death in Brooklyn. He lost his balance and fell about 50 feet.
Police said 35-year-old Louis Zaruma, of Brooklyn, was putting up steel framework for the 6th floor of a residential building when he fell.
new york city, throgs neck bridge, local news
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in hunt for missing jet
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Man in coma after Long Island City hit and run
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Mega Millions jackpot at $309 million after no winner
- Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' fame dies at 92 3 min ago
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead 28 min ago
- Photos: Stolen jewelry items in Ramsey robbery