Musician survives fall with spike impaled in head
NEW YORK -- A 21-year-old musician is lucky to be alive after his head was impaled on a spiked metal fence during a fall from a balcony.
The incident happened at around 4 a.m. Saturday at a party in Manhattan's Chelsea neighborhood. Police said Nicholas Blossom was intoxicated when he fell from a third-floor balcony onto the second-floor balcony of an adjoining building, landing head-first on the fence.
Rescuers used an electric saw to detach Blossom from the fence.
He was taken to Bellevue Hospital, where he was in stable condition.
Blossom plays drums in a rock band called Alaska Alaska.
new york city, chelsea, local news
- American Meb Keflezighi wins Boston Marathon 2 min ago
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Mike Woodson out as head coach of Knicks
- Retired NYPD officer charged in wife's murder
- Brooklyn man dies in skydiving accident in New Jersey
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Teen survives flight riding in wheel well of Hawaii jet
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Coney Island double stabbing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Lindsay Lohan admits miscarriage on her reality show
- Photos: Lindsay Lohan in pictures
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos