Cops, Tasers subdue naked man in Newburgh
NEWBURGH -- Newburgh police say it took four officers and four jolts from a Taser to subdue a man found running naked through city traffic, high on the hallucinogen PCP.
They began getting reports about a man running around in nothing but sneakers at about 11:30 p.m. Tuesday.
Officers first spotted vehicles swerving, and then the man. When they told him to hit the ground, he came at them, yelling and refusing to stop. When one of the officers unholstered a Taser, the man kept coming, shouted "Give it to me" and was hit with the first jolt. Police say he fell, jumped back up and starting trying to yank out the Taser darts.
He was shocked again, struggled with officers trying to handcuff him and was shocked twice more.
The man, whose name was not released, was taken to a local hospital for treatment.
newburgh, local news
- 2 killed in motorcycle accident in Queens 18 min ago
- AccuWeather: Record Warmth
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- GWB repair work will close upper level lanes
- Long Island driver charged with DWI in hit and run
- Target offers discount, free credit monitoring after data breach
- Pan Am 103 bombing anniversary marked by memorials
- Knicks lose to Grizzlies, 95-87
- Video: Holiday shoppers enjoying warm weather
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall