Cops, Tasers subdue naked man in Newburgh
NEWBURGH -- Newburgh police say it took four officers and four jolts from a Taser to subdue a man found running naked through city traffic, high on the hallucinogen PCP.
They began getting reports about a man running around in nothing but sneakers at about 11:30 p.m. Tuesday.
Officers first spotted vehicles swerving, and then the man. When they told him to hit the ground, he came at them, yelling and refusing to stop. When one of the officers unholstered a Taser, the man kept coming, shouted "Give it to me" and was hit with the first jolt. Police say he fell, jumped back up and starting trying to yank out the Taser darts.
He was shocked again, struggled with officers trying to handcuff him and was shocked twice more.
The man, whose name was not released, was taken to a local hospital for treatment.
newburgh, local news
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn 10 min ago
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex assault
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
10 min ago