Off-duty NYPD officer was drunk in deadly crash
BRONX RIVER PARKWAY -- Police say an off-duty NYPD officer was drunk behind the wheel during a crash that killed him and a colleague last month.
A toxicology report shows Kim Hoyoung's blood alcohol level was 0.16, twice the legal limit of 0.08.
Officer Edwin Paulino also was killed in the May 16 crash on the northbound Bronx River Parkway at East 233rd Street. He was not drunk; his blood alcohol level was 0.02.
Four other passengers suffered non-life threatening injuries.
On the same day, another NYPD officer was gravely injured in Brooklyn. He was accidentally hit by a motorcycle while he was chasing car theft suspects. Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly said Wednesday that officer is slowly recovering.
accident, new york city, bronx river parkway, local news
- Bill Bratton named next Police Commissioner
- AccuWeather Forecast: Unseasonably Warm Air 55 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Who is Bill Bratton?
- Photos: Bill Bratton, next NYPD Police Commissioner
- Carteret freight train derailment closes turnpike ramps
- Alleged assault of Seton Hall student may be captured on video
- Fast food workers demonstrate to demand higher wages
- Springsteen's 'Born to Run' manuscript at NY auction
- Police shoot and kill man with special needs
- Newtown 911 calls released
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze'
- Photos: Hazmat crews respond to Carteret freight...
- AccuWeather Forecast: Unseasonably Warm Air
55 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos