Man drowns, another missing in the Hamptons
WESTHAMPTON (WABC) -- One man is dead and another one is missing after a rip current pulled them out to sea while swimming off Westhampton beach.
Police say a lifeguard managed to pull one victim from water at 11:00 Sunday morning and began CPR.
The victim was transported to the hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Rescuers continued to search for the other victim for an hour, but then called off the search.
No swimming flags were posted on the beach.
long island, hamptons, drowning, local news
- 5-year-old struck and killed in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: Snow For Some
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Guinness drops sponsorship of St. Patrick's Parade
- Brooklyn fire leaves 2 children critically hurt
- East Harlem investigation focuses on basement
- Church services to remember East Harlem victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Mahopac HS basketball coach resigns after racism allegations
- Kenya's Geoffrey Mutai wins 2014 NYC Half
- Florida overall No. 1 seed for NCAA tournament
- Final words from Malaysia jet came after systems shutdown
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios in Chicago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos