Man drowns, another missing in the Hamptons
WESTHAMPTON (WABC) -- One man is dead and another one is missing after a rip current pulled them out to sea while swimming off Westhampton beach.
Police say a lifeguard managed to pull one victim from water at 11:00 Sunday morning and began CPR.
The victim was transported to the hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Rescuers continued to search for the other victim for an hour, but then called off the search.
No swimming flags were posted on the beach.
long island, hamptons, drowning, local news
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield 56 min ago
- Hate crime charge in attack on Columbia Univ. professor
- Suspect questioned after body found in container
- Search underway for missing Queens boy, 11
- Death toll in South Korea ferry tragedy reaches 58
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- Former boxer Rubin "Hurricane" Carter dies at 76
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Up Close with Diana Williams