Maserati clocked on LIE going 112 mph
LONG ISLAND (WABC) -- A Maserati may be built for racing but police say driving drunk and speeding on the Long Island expressway is a recipe for disaster.
Police say around 3 a.m. 49-year-old Joseph Carbone was clocked by a highway patrol officer at 113 miles an hour. Catching up to the pricey Italian sports car was a feat in and of itself
When the officer finally stopped Carbone, police say he not only failed a field sobriety test, Eyewitness News is told he was defiant and arrogant.
In fact police say he was so outspoken, Carbone was a detriment to himself and told the officer to check his radar.
Police said he told the officer to check his equipment because he was going 135 miles an hour
After arrest he refused to take a breathalyzer, and was charged with reckless endangerment, DWI, and reckless driving.
It is Carbone's fourth arrest in the last six years.
Police confiscated the $80,000 sports car, and Carbone lost it and his license to drive it.
Your feedback is important to us! Please complete a brief survey so we may continue to improve 7online.com
long island, drunk driving, local news, lauren defranco
- 3 critical after fire tears through Brooklyn home 35 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Bronx fire leaves brothers dead, 3 firefighters hurt 30 min ago
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Mink coat thieves caught on camera at NYC boutique 19 min ago
- Target data breach leaves customers angry, frustrated 24 min ago
- New York Army cadet accused of emailing child porn 32 min ago
- City Council passes plastic foam, e-cigarette bills
- Over 75 injured in London theatre roof collapse
- 4 injured, including child in Bronx fire
- String of carjackings in Elizabeth
- Photos: Injuries reported in Clifton, NJ bus accident