Maserati clocked on LIE going 112 mph
LONG ISLAND (WABC) -- A Maserati may be built for racing but police say driving drunk and speeding on the Long Island expressway is a recipe for disaster.
Police say around 3 a.m. 49-year-old Joseph Carbone was clocked by a highway patrol officer at 113 miles an hour. Catching up to the pricey Italian sports car was a feat in and of itself
When the officer finally stopped Carbone, police say he not only failed a field sobriety test, Eyewitness News is told he was defiant and arrogant.
In fact police say he was so outspoken, Carbone was a detriment to himself and told the officer to check his radar.
Police said he told the officer to check his equipment because he was going 135 miles an hour
After arrest he refused to take a breathalyzer, and was charged with reckless endangerment, DWI, and reckless driving.
It is Carbone's fourth arrest in the last six years.
Police confiscated the $80,000 sports car, and Carbone lost it and his license to drive it.
Your feedback is important to us! Please complete a brief survey so we may continue to improve 7online.com
long island, drunk driving, local news, lauren defranco
- Possible 'knockout' attack victim speaks out
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Firefighters sent to wrong location in Jersey City fire
- Photos: Jersey City row home fire
- 2 firefighters injured in Bronx bodega fire
- Search for owner of severely malnourished dog
- Cardinal Dolan supports universal pre-k
- Cars burglarized at gyms in Wyckoff and Ridgewood
- Man speaks about shooting would-be burglar
- FDNY battery giveaway for smoke, CO detectors
- Photos: Mariano Rivera's career in pictures
- Spinning class and karaoke all in one
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos