Maserati clocked on LIE going 112 mph
LONG ISLAND (WABC) -- A Maserati may be built for racing but police say driving drunk and speeding on the Long Island expressway is a recipe for disaster.
Police say around 3 a.m. 49-year-old Joseph Carbone was clocked by a highway patrol officer at 113 miles an hour. Catching up to the pricey Italian sports car was a feat in and of itself
When the officer finally stopped Carbone, police say he not only failed a field sobriety test, Eyewitness News is told he was defiant and arrogant.
In fact police say he was so outspoken, Carbone was a detriment to himself and told the officer to check his radar.
Police said he told the officer to check his equipment because he was going 135 miles an hour
After arrest he refused to take a breathalyzer, and was charged with reckless endangerment, DWI, and reckless driving.
It is Carbone's fourth arrest in the last six years.
Police confiscated the $80,000 sports car, and Carbone lost it and his license to drive it.
Your feedback is important to us! Please complete a brief survey so we may continue to improve 7online.com
long island, drunk driving, local news, lauren defranco
- weather: AccuTrack Interactive Radar
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain and clouds
- Eyewitness News Live
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Sandy-damaged New York Aquarium reopens this weekend
- Bethpage Air Show cancelled for Saturday due to weather 40 min ago
- Man accused of DWI with 6-year old daughter in car 2 min ago
- Long Island 'Hot Dog Hooker' arrested again
- Police shoot and kill suspect in Ridgefield, Conn.
- Amanda Bynes released after court appearance
- Bridge collapse calls into question other bridges' safety
- abcnews: Cleveland Women Can Keep Captor's Dogs
- Photos: Circle 7 at GMA's Summer Concert Series
- Photos: I-5 Skagit River Bridge collapse