2 dead at separate Long Island parties
LAKEVIEW (WABC) -- Police on Long Island are investigating the shootings at two separate house parties that left two people dead.
Nassau County police say one person was killed in Uniondale and one several miles away in Lakeview.
More than 100 people turned out at each of the parties on Sunday.
Nassau County Detective Lt. Kevin Smith told the Wall Street Journal that news of the party in Lakeview was sent to Facebook and Twitter accounts. At the Uniondale event, organizers charged an entry fee, which Smith said created a problem because it opened it up to anyone.
Your feedback is important to us! Please complete a brief survey so we may continue to improve 7online.com
long island, shooting, uniondale, local news
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
- Missing autistic boy found in Brooklyn
- NYPD policy revised; officers should take stairs in fire
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- South Korea ferry captain arrested; death toll at 32
- Weekend subway changes affecting 11 lines