Funeral for White Plains officer who died on duty
WHITE PLAINS (WABC) -- A White Plains police officer who died in the line of duty is being remembered Wednesday.
Hundreds of police officers and firefighters from all across the county gathered at the Clark Funeral home in Yorktown Heights Tuesday to pay their respects to Michael Perry. They returned to St. Patrick's Church Wednesday to say their final farewells.
The 43-year old suffered a fatal heart attack after chasing and arresting a career criminal outside the Galleria Mall in White Plains Saturday.
He was posthumously promoted to detective.
white plains, westchester county, police chase, police officer dies, crime, local news
- 2 killed in motorcycle accident in Queens
- AccuWeather: Record Warmth
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies
- Biker killed in Bronx collision
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- GWB repair work will close upper level lanes
- Long Island driver charged with DWI in hit and run
- Target offers discount, free credit monitoring after data breach
- Knicks lose to Grizzlies, 95-87
- Video: Holiday shoppers enjoying warm weather
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall