Funeral for White Plains officer who died on duty
WHITE PLAINS (WABC) -- A White Plains police officer who died in the line of duty is being remembered Wednesday.
Hundreds of police officers and firefighters from all across the county gathered at the Clark Funeral home in Yorktown Heights Tuesday to pay their respects to Michael Perry. They returned to St. Patrick's Church Wednesday to say their final farewells.
The 43-year old suffered a fatal heart attack after chasing and arresting a career criminal outside the Galleria Mall in White Plains Saturday.
He was posthumously promoted to detective.
white plains, westchester county, police chase, police officer dies, crime, local news
- Stolen passports deepen missing plane mystery
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police investigating double shooting in Brooklyn
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey aims for 2014 return to Mets
- Melo scores 26, Knicks beat Cavs 107-97