Funeral for White Plains officer who died on duty
WHITE PLAINS (WABC) -- A White Plains police officer who died in the line of duty is being remembered Wednesday.
Hundreds of police officers and firefighters from all across the county gathered at the Clark Funeral home in Yorktown Heights Tuesday to pay their respects to Michael Perry. They returned to St. Patrick's Church Wednesday to say their final farewells.
The 43-year old suffered a fatal heart attack after chasing and arresting a career criminal outside the Galleria Mall in White Plains Saturday.
He was posthumously promoted to detective.
white plains, westchester county, police chase, police officer dies, crime, local news
- At least 2 dead, 22 hurt in East Harlem explosion 14 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: East Harlem explosion 38 min ago
- Metro-North service changes due to East Harlem explosion 10 min ago
- LI hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- Crime down across New York City, except in parks
- New Jersey bank robber caught after forgetting keys
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- No winner: Mega Millions jackpot surges to $353 million
- Happy Birthday! Idea that spawned internet turns 25
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase
- Photos: Incredible images from Colorado car chase