Funeral for White Plains officer who died on duty
WHITE PLAINS (WABC) -- A White Plains police officer who died in the line of duty is being remembered Wednesday.
Hundreds of police officers and firefighters from all across the county gathered at the Clark Funeral home in Yorktown Heights Tuesday to pay their respects to Michael Perry. They returned to St. Patrick's Church Wednesday to say their final farewells.
The 43-year old suffered a fatal heart attack after chasing and arresting a career criminal outside the Galleria Mall in White Plains Saturday.
He was posthumously promoted to detective.
white plains, westchester county, police chase, police officer dies, crime, local news
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody 29 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park 33 min ago
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Sparta crash injures woman and 8-year old son 38 min ago
- NYPD policy revised; officers should take stairs in fire
- Animal activists protest outside Liam Neeson's home 19 min ago
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- South Korea ferry captain arrested; death toll at 32