NJ state trooper found dead along GSP
WALL TOWNSHIP (WABC) -- New Jersey State Police say a trooper found dead in his car near the Garden State Parkway died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
Trooper Scott Graham was found by another law enforcement officer who was passing by shortly after 7:30 a.m. Wednesday.
Graham was in a marked patrol car on an exit ramp off the Parkway in Wall Township and was pronounced dead at the scene.
The 35-year-old Graham graduated from the state police academy in 2001 and had been a trooper for 10 years.
He is survived by a wife and three young children.
Graham's death comes less than two weeks after Trooper Marc Castellano was struck and killed nearby on Interstate 195 while assisting in a search for two people believed to have abandoned a vehicle.
breaking news, new jersey, state trooper killed, local news
- Guinness drops St. Pat's Day parade sponsorship 47 min ago
- AccuWeather: Snow for some
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Cop shoots pit bull in Bronx apartment building 48 min ago
- 5-year-old struck and killed in Brooklyn
- Rubble cleared, East Harlem blast investigation ramps up
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Photos: Victims of East Harlem Explosion
- Australia, Kazakhstan join search for missing plane 59 min ago
- Crimea parliament declares independence after vote 5 min ago
- Russian media warns of turning US into 'radioactive dust' 5 min ago
- Kenya's Geoffrey Mutai wins 2014 NYC Half
- Photos: 2014 NYC Half Marathon