Chimp mauling victim's daughter graduates HS
STAMFORD (WABC) -- The woman who was severely mauled by a chimp in Connecticut has a reason to be proud Thursday.
Her daughter is graduating from high school in Stamford.
Charla Nash will not be present at Westhill's graduation ceremony, according to a family spokesman.
She did not want to take the attention away from the graduates. She is at a Boston hospital, being evaluated for a face transplant.
Nash was attacked by her friend's 200-pound chimp Travis last year.
charla nash, local news
- Stolen passports deepen missing plane mystery
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police investigating double shooting in Brooklyn
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey aims for 2014 return to Mets
- Melo scores 26, Knicks beat Cavs 107-97