Chimp mauling victim's daughter graduates HS
STAMFORD (WABC) -- The woman who was severely mauled by a chimp in Connecticut has a reason to be proud Thursday.
Her daughter is graduating from high school in Stamford.
Charla Nash will not be present at Westhill's graduation ceremony, according to a family spokesman.
She did not want to take the attention away from the graduates. She is at a Boston hospital, being evaluated for a face transplant.
Nash was attacked by her friend's 200-pound chimp Travis last year.
charla nash, local news
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead 56 min ago
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield
- Hate crime charge in attack on Columbia Univ. professor 24 min ago
- Nanny identifies new hero after attempted abduction in Chelsea
- Suspect questioned after body found in container
- Search underway for missing Queens boy, 11
- Death toll in South Korea ferry tragedy reaches 58
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- Suspect charged in attempted baby abduction
- Pope Francis celebrates Easter with prayers for peace
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos