Designers unveil outdoor mannequins
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Organizers took the wraps off outdoor mannequins for a fashion-forward art ensemble in the Garment District of Manhattan.
They're part of a public art installation that aims to promote the fashion district. Some designers faced their biggest challenge yet: creating waterproof clothing.
Some of the biggest names in the fashion were featured in this art exhibit of 32 mannequins, including Carlos Falchi, famous for his leather handbags.
"We thought how can we create an event that's a tourist attraction as well as expresses what this neighborhood is all about," said Falchi.
While there are some top designers, some new ones will showcase their work as well. After winning a contest, two students from Parsons School of Design will showcase their designs in the art exhibit.
The mannequins are dolled up and have already struck their poses on Broadway between Times Square and Herald Square. They will be up until Labor Day.
new york city, manhattan, fashion, times square, local news, lauren glassberg
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen 53 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Employees tied up, Car parts stolen in Elizabeth
- Suspect identified in attempted baby abduction
- Ferry captain arrested in South Korea after deadly accident
- Party shooting leaves Kean U. student injured
- Sea Isle fire destroys 3 beachfront homes
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Search for suspects in Riverhead robbery and assault 8 min ago
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Yonkers family outraged after dog mauled by pit bull 57 min ago
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen
53 min ago