Retail stores offer reasonable priced wedding gowns
NEW YORK CITY (WABC) -- Would you want to get your wedding gown and bridesmaids dresses without spending a fortune?
Now some retail chain stores are offering women the look of their dreams without busting their budgets.
"This is the dress I've been wanted to try on for months, so I finally got to try it on today," said Kady Tremaine, who is engaged.
Tremaine's hunt for a wedding gown has been tough. She lives in Tokyo, so she had no choice but to search on the Internet, which isn't ideal.
Tremaine decide to visit J. Crew's new bridal boutique, located on Madison Avenue near 66th streety, and things are looking up.
"This one I had never seen before and I love polka dots, so that's fun, and this one I never thought I would try on because thought would be bulky in pictures. Maybe [you] have to be tiny to wear it, but it's actually light and airy and will look great," Tremaine said.
Until now J. Crew had only sold it's gently priced gowns on the Internet. With this new shop, changing your mind, no longer requires a trip to the post office.
The store has a little bit of something for everyone, including bride's maids.
"Sometimes you have something in your head that you think you want to wear, but then you see something else and someone says try this and you end up with something totally different," said Tom Mora, who works for J. Crew.
Another option for the bride to be, is wedding dresses from The Limited. They're flowy, not fussy and each is under $300.
At Ann Taylor, you can also get a lot of bang for your buck and look beautiful while doing it. A this silk Grecian inspired look is just $275 dollars and a cascade of chiffon is only $495.
At Matthew Williamson, located at 415 W14th Street, you will find the designer's newly launched bridal collection. Known for his amazing details, you will have to splurge a bit, but these beauties are truly one of a kind.
"Each dress takes about 3 months to make. All hand beaded," said Nicole Abbatemarco of Matthew Williamson.
At J. Crew, Kady Tremaine seems to have zeroed in on "the" dress, at least for now.
new york city, wedding, retail sales, local news, kemberly richardson
- Forest fire burning in NJ; Evacuations ordered 4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 9-year-old dies in 26-story fall from Bronx high-rise 59 min ago
- Carlstadt fire guts post office; 2 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Carlstadt post office fire
- Heroin antidote Narcan saves 6 in Ocean County
- Woman charged in fatal hit and run in Hempstead
- Baby monitors batteries recalled over burn hazard
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies in NYC
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- Tavern on the Green reopens in Central Park Thursday
- Photos: Sneak peek inside the new Tavern on the Green
- 9-year-old dies in 26-story fall from Bronx...
59 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos