NJ dad beaten to death while walking with family
OLD BRIDGE, New Jersey (WABC) -- Three 17-year-olds are accused of beating a New Jersey dad to death while he walked with his wife and two sons.
Middlesex County authorities say Friday night's attack on Divvendu Sinha in Old Bridge appears random and not racially motivated.
The 49-year-old died of his injuries on Monday.
The three suspects, who live in Old Bridge, are charged with murder and conspiracy to commit murder. Their names have not been released because they're juveniles and prosecutors are deciding whether to seek trying them as adults.
Officials say the computer scientist was attacked while walking with his family. His wife was not hurt and his two sons sustained minor injuries.
Anyone with information is asked to call Detective Greg Morris of the Old Bridge Police Department at (732) 721-5600, or Investigator Paul Miller of the Middlesex County Prosecutor's Office at (732) 745-4466.
new jersey, murder, old bridge, local news
- AccuWeather Alert: Stormy day
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Woman arrested in shooting death of Jersey City boy 4 min ago
- UK: London terror attack suspects had been probed
- West Point soldier charged with videotaping women
- Truck driver helps catch hit-and-run suspect in Queens
- Oklahoma residents begin hard recovery after tornado
- Anthony Weiner courts voters in Harlem Thursday
- Queens businessman kidnapped and tortured 25 min ago
- Operation Swill: cheap booze in premium liquor bottles
- Photos: Accuweather forecast in pictures
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma