NJ dad beaten to death while walking with family
OLD BRIDGE, New Jersey (WABC) -- Three 17-year-olds are accused of beating a New Jersey dad to death while he walked with his wife and two sons.
Middlesex County authorities say Friday night's attack on Divvendu Sinha in Old Bridge appears random and not racially motivated.
The 49-year-old died of his injuries on Monday.
The three suspects, who live in Old Bridge, are charged with murder and conspiracy to commit murder. Their names have not been released because they're juveniles and prosecutors are deciding whether to seek trying them as adults.
Officials say the computer scientist was attacked while walking with his family. His wife was not hurt and his two sons sustained minor injuries.
Anyone with information is asked to call Detective Greg Morris of the Old Bridge Police Department at (732) 721-5600, or Investigator Paul Miller of the Middlesex County Prosecutor's Office at (732) 745-4466.
new jersey, murder, old bridge, local news
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Charges expected in fraternity death 44 min ago
- Nassau County police commissioner ousted
- Barrios-Paoli tapped to head health and human services
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Sandy victims turn year of loss into season of giving
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral
- Budget vote approved in the House
- Mandela interpreter says he was hallucinating
- Golden Globes nominations announced
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees
- Charges expected in fraternity death
44 min ago