Probe: NY driver speeding before wrong-way crash
HAWTHORNE , N.Y. -- Police say the wrong-way driver blamed for eight deaths on a New York highway last summer was going 85 miles an hour when the wreck occurred.
State police issued their final report Tuesday on the July 26 crash in Westchester County.
Diane Schuler of West Babylon, Long Island, previously was found to be drunk. The collision killed Schuler, her daughter, three nieces and three men in the other vehicle.
Investigators say the SUV Schuler struck was going about 74 miles per hour.
The collision occurred on the northbound Taconic (tuh-KAHN'-ihk) State Parkway in the Town of Mount Pleasant.
diane schuler, local news
- Hofstra remembers Andrea Rebello at graduation 21 min ago
- AccuWeather: Dreary Night 57 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Metro North: Conn. train outage expected for days 12 min ago
- Tornadoes hit Kansas, Oklahoma; no injuries reported 52 min ago
- Teen fatally shot on Queens bus identified
- Powerball: 1 winning ticket sold in Florida
- Man falls out window during Broadway show
- 3 wounded after shooting in Bedford-Stuyvesant
- Bruins top Rangers 5-2 44 min ago
- Photos: Belly landing at Newark Airport
- Photos: Metro North trains collide in Connecticut
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- AccuWeather: Dreary Night
57 min ago