Probe: NY driver speeding before wrong-way crash
HAWTHORNE , N.Y. -- Police say the wrong-way driver blamed for eight deaths on a New York highway last summer was going 85 miles an hour when the wreck occurred.
State police issued their final report Tuesday on the July 26 crash in Westchester County.
Diane Schuler of West Babylon, Long Island, previously was found to be drunk. The collision killed Schuler, her daughter, three nieces and three men in the other vehicle.
Investigators say the SUV Schuler struck was going about 74 miles per hour.
The collision occurred on the northbound Taconic (tuh-KAHN'-ihk) State Parkway in the Town of Mount Pleasant.
diane schuler, local news
- Jersey City water main break affecting service 4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold Wednesday, but warmup coming 7 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Twin babies tossed from fire in Bronx apartment 36 min ago
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
- 2 winning tickets sold in $636 million Mega Millions
- LI man to be arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Multi-car pileup on Gowanus Expressway in Brooklyn
- Photos: Massive car pileup on Gowanus Expressway
- Short Hills Mall shooting: Funeral to be held Wednesday
- Video: Queens robber squirts clerk with lighter fluid
- Blind man and dog rescued off subway tracks
- AccuWeather: Cold Wednesday, but warmup...
7 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos