Jump start on 4th of July weekend at Jersey Shore
POINT PLEASANT, New Jersey (WABC) -- Just one look and you can tell people are already getting a jump-start on holiday weekend.
July is off to a gorgeous start, and had a great lead in. June had only five days of rain compared to 17 days of rain in 2009.
Businesses say they are already having a much better year due to the weather.
"It's not too hot it's nice and sunny, it's just spectacular," said Marilou Halverson with Jenkinsons Boardwalk.
Beachgoers are happy with the complete 180 from last years weather.
"The weather is absolutely gorgeous, it's not too hot, it's not too humid, it's perfect," said Olivia Santoro.
Traffic is expect to be heavy heading to the Jersey Shore today.
new jersey, 4th of july, local news
- Bratton joins Sharpton at rally in Harlem
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Queens hit and run leaves pedestrian dead
- Man found fatally stabbed in Williamsburg
- 15 injured after car drives through Trader Joe's
- Funeral for one of victims of Metro-North derailment
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Wintry blast moves through much of country, heads East
- Secret Sales: Diamonds, pretzels and iPhone cases
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks bombing anniversary 24 min ago
- Photos: Pearl Harbor anniversary 25 min ago