Murder-suicide in Bay Shore
BAY SHORE, N.Y. -- Police on Long Island say a man fatally shot his former girlfriend and then himself in a Bay Shore apartment while five children were inside the home.
Police say officers responding to a report of a shooting found 43-year-old James Snead, of Long Beach, and his former girlfriend, 42-year-old Karolyn Encarnacion, dead of gunshots wounds Wednesday night.
Suffolk Police say Encarnacion's daughters, ages 12 and 14, were in the victim's apartment with three of their friends when they heard a scream and gunshots coming from a bedroom.
Police say the children went to a neighbor who called police.
long island, shooting, murder, bay shore, local news
- Hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and scammed
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick robbery
- Fort Lee students to make up snow days
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Ferry service to resume between Haverstraw, Ossining
- Malaysia plane changed direction, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos