Murder-suicide in Bay Shore
BAY SHORE, N.Y. -- Police on Long Island say a man fatally shot his former girlfriend and then himself in a Bay Shore apartment while five children were inside the home.
Police say officers responding to a report of a shooting found 43-year-old James Snead, of Long Beach, and his former girlfriend, 42-year-old Karolyn Encarnacion, dead of gunshots wounds Wednesday night.
Suffolk Police say Encarnacion's daughters, ages 12 and 14, were in the victim's apartment with three of their friends when they heard a scream and gunshots coming from a bedroom.
Police say the children went to a neighbor who called police.
long island, shooting, murder, bay shore, local news
- Photos: Bronx River Parkway crash
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Wintry mix causes slick roads, massive pileup 1 min ago
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide
- Nelson Mandela memorial set for Tuesday in Soweto
- Obama to pay tribute to Mandela in South Africa
- Tough new NYC cockroaches can withstand winter cold
- MTA announces new safety measures after derailment
- Newtown groups open week of 'acts of kindness' 20 min ago
- Joe Torre elected to Baseball Hall of Fame 50 min ago
- Photos: AccuWeather Forecast in pictures
- Photos: Wintry Mix Hits Tri-State Area 33 min ago
- Wintry mix causes slick roads, massive pileup
1 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos